Microsoft has been in a swing after releasing multiple gadgets in various segments. Microsoft surfaced a new Tablet named the Surface 3 which has already gone for Sale in selected Countries. Surprisingly, this time Microsoft has initiated a limited period trade-in scheme with the earlier models of Surface tablets. The Surface RT or Surface 2 owners can trade their working tablet to get up to $150 over the new Surface 3. The new Microsoft Surface 3 is priced at $499 (approximately Rs. 31,750) for the 2GB RAM and 64GB inbuilt storage variant and whereas the 4GB RAM and 128GB inbuilt storage variant priced at $599 (approximately Rs. 38,000). Coming to the specifications:
- Quad Core Intel® Atom™ x7-Z8700 processor (2MB Cache, 1.6GHz with Intel Burst™ technology up to 2.4GHz)
- 2GB RAM with 64GB storage & 4GB RAM with 128GB storage
- 8” ClearType Full HD Plus Display with a resolution of 1920 x 1280 and 3:2 aspect ratio.
- 10 point multi-touch support and Surface pen support
- It supports Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac) and Bluetooth 4.0
- It comes with various ports which include Full-size USB 3.0, Mini DisplayPort, microSD™ card reader, Micro USB charging port, Headset jack & Cover port
- The tablet comes with Current Windows 8.1 Operating system and additionally includes 1-year of Office 365 Personal5with OneDrive cloud storage7
- 0MP rear camera with autofocus and 3.5MP front-facing camera
- It also includes Microphone and stereo speakers with Dolby® audio
- 52″ x 7.36″ x 0.34″ (267mm x 187mm x 8.7mm) in Size and 1.37 lbs (622g) in weight
- The Tablet support up to 10 hours of video playback
- Sensors include Ambient light sensor, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Gyroscope and Magnetometer
- 1-year limited hardware warranty
The Surface 3 tablet started rolling in various markets and Brain Hall, General Manager also announced it regarding the availability to more countries in the coming days. The trade-in offer is valid only in Canada, Puerto Rico and the United States.